Literati Web Page

June 18, 2011

Book Personality

This week we are to list ten things about us with regard to books and reading. Our bookish personality of sorts. Whatever goes. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
1. Do you ever take a book, usually new but sometimes old, and stick your nose completely into it and inhale deeply? Yep, I do that, quite a lot actually. Ah the smell of books. I love it!
2. As far as the actually physical book itself… I like to read trade paperbacks. Mass market ones are too little, and hardbacks are too big.
3. One of my favorite things is to fall in love with an author and then read ALL their books!
4. It used to be I didn’t know how to answer this question: “Are you a plot driven reader or a character driven one?” Hmmm… that’s easy now. Guesses anyone? Yep… characters for me.
5. I can read with all sorts of outside distractions… TV, music, kids, noise, people talking, etc. BUT, I have a hard time reading if there’s any internal distractions going on.
6. Reading in bed at night is great, but I enjoy reading in the morning (on weekends of course) even better.
7. I don’t think it will come as a surprise that I sometimes have more than one book going at a time. You can get more read this way, right?
8. I’m not much of a note taker while reading, and I don’t underline and mark up the book. I find it messes with the flow of things.
9. I’m a surface reader, not a deep one. I read for the enjoyment of it, and not for the underlying meanings. That’s not to say I don’t find the underlying meanings interesting now and then, it’s just that I don’t necessary look for them much.
10. I enjoy both sad and happy ending books. Sad ones tend to stick with me, and have the greatest impact, but it’s best if the story is left with a sense of hope.
Are we the same with any of the bookish habits I’ve listed?  I’d love to know what your bookish personality is.

No comments:

Post a Comment